Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bookreview

Assignment 1:

Dan Brown

The lost Symbols

It was announced in the news with high expectations: “The new Dan Brown will come out!”. After reading all of the previous books, I had high expectations as well! My personal favorite is the Bernini Mystery, especially since I visited Rome last summer, I recognized a lot of locations mentioned in the book. What was really striking is the amount of buildings, statues churches designed by Bernini.

The book

But back to the book! I got the book as a present two days after it came out, it was still in English, but that turned out to be not a problem at all! Again the book took place at a metropolis, this time Washington D.C. The main Character (Professor Robert Langdon) is blindly lured in to a new adventure. This is done by taking on a favor for his good friend Sammual Salomon. This friend asks him to come to Washington to give a lecture, which Robert had given quite often. What happens next cannot be described in the amount of words required for this blog. I do not see this as a problem, because you yourself should definitely read this book if you are a fan of Dan Brown books.

The review

The book starts on a typical Brown way of writing, the professor accidently (or not) steps without knowing in a big adventure. What follows is a tour along historical landmarks present in the Capitol of the United States. What plays a big role are the Masonic background of the city of Washington, and as a result of that a lot of Masonic symbols. What is surprising about this book takes place at the end. The book contains several story lines, when you have three quarter of the book behind you one of the main plots is already finished, although this is the most exiting part, the rest keeps on drawing the attention!

Have fun!


No comments: